Project Appleseed is at NCCSC!!
A 2-Day Marksmanship and History Event
Project Appleseed is a nationwide program teaching rifle marksmanship skills that have been passed down from generation to generation and reconnects Americans with the people and events of colonial America. Participants are taught skills that allow a Rifleman to be accurate out to 500 yards using a standard rifle with iron sights. This ability is traditionally known as mastering the “Rifleman's Quarter Mile” and is an American tradition that has been part of this nation from its very first days.
So join us and hear some little-known Revolutionary War history, reaffirm your heritage, and help make America a better place. By attending you will find the answers to these four questions while developing your marksmanship skills necessary to earn the coveted Appleseed Marksman Badge.
|1.When and where was the American Revolution won? The answer, direct from a founder, will surprise you...|
|2.Where did the Revolutionary War break out? Not one in a thousand Americans knows this.|
|3.Who fired the first shots on Lexington Common? Historians may not know, but we'll be glad to supply at least circumstantial proof.|
|4.Why did the Redcoats break and run at the North Bridge when faced with rude country colonials...?|
Go to www.appleseedinfo.org for complete details. .
2014 Registration is now open!
(See NCCSC Calendar for dates & more information Here)
Events start at 08:30. Please arrive early to allow time for set up and sign in.
Learn More, Find Directions and Register at:
Adults - $60 for the Weekend
Youth under 18yrs - $20 - for the Weekend
FREE registration is provided for:
Active Military, Reserve, National Guard, Law Enforcement Officers,
Elected Officials & the Disabled
- NCCSC charges an additional $5 range fee for all shooters. This is collected on site prior to the event (cash payment).
- Check information link 48 hours prior to the event for any last minute information.
- Cancellations: 1 weeks notice is required for refund.
- Pre-registration is important. It is important to know this information because Appleseed has to staff events so there is a good student to instructor ratio.
- NOTE : Online registration ends 24 hours prior to the event, in order to process paper work. If you miss it, you can still register at the door!
- Rifles and ammunition are not supplied.
- Attendees are responsible for determining applicable firearms laws of the host state and for travel.
For questions and more information contact our resident Red Hat Appleseed Instructor:
Sponsored by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association, a 501(c)(3) organization