NCCSC is proud to partner with certified NRA instructors in offering the NRA Basic Pistol Course.
The NRA Basic Pistol course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely. This course is 8-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn:
- NRA’s rules for safe gun handling
- pistol parts and operation
- shooting fundamentals
- range rules
- shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions
- cleaning the pistol
- continued opportunities for skill development
Students will receive the following:
- NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
- Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination
- Course completion certificate
You DO NOT need a firearm for this course. All firearms, ammunition and shooting supplies will be provided.
You DO NOT need to be an NRA member or club member to attend.
If you are interested in taking the class click the link below to see a current list of upcoming dates being offered and links to their calendar entries. On the calendar event you will find the link to register for the class.
To see the current list of NRA Basic Courses: CLICK HERE
The class will meet in the clubhouse. Shooting will be on the indoor range.