The “platinum 10 minutes” place a time constraint on the pre-hospital care of seriously injured patients. The first 10 minutes after a life threatening injury can be the most critical. Cajun Arms feels it is imperative to offer a lifesaving course for their students and members of NCCSC. Ten Minute Medicine is an absolute must for anyone serious about their own safety and the safety of others, whether they shoot or not. The first time you use medical gear should not be in a real world scenario; get trained on proper equipment and its application. This course will prepare you to deploy lifesaving measures for yourself and others until the ambulance arrives.
- Recognize the causes of preventable death and be able to treat victims of penetrating trauma.
- Learn basic human anatomy and the signs and symptoms of shock.
- Emergency stress reduction techniques and communication with 911.
- Wound ballistics on the human body from various weapon types.
- Hands on training with the use of tourniquets, chest seals, bandages, hemostatic agents, and airway management techniques.
- Learn various emergency lifts and carry techniques.
- Realistic scenarios, testing the ability to rapidly assess victims for life-threatening injuries, and the application of first aid devices in a stressful environment.
- Review first aid kits and IFAK kits available to the public.